TEST LAB / IT TECHNICIAN LEAD – PERMANENT POSITION
Are you a highly skilled IT technician with strong interest in both hardware and software? Do you want to take a lead role and ensure the high quality and reliability of our client test Lab, and work in an international high tech environment? Then please keep reading.
For a client in the greater copenhagen area, we are looking for a skilled Test Lab / IT Technician for a permanent position.
Your task will be to take the lead on maintaining and updating the test lab environment, including equipment setup and configuration, to ensure that it accommodates and supports the development process. Also, collaborating closely with the engineering - and development teams will be a frequent activity to ensure the reliability and performance of the systems test activities runs smoothly.
You will be the go-to person for decision-making on improvement work of the test lab setup and impact the test lab ways of workings for the better. For the right candidate, it is a challenging position with a lot of responsibility. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, developmental environment and possesses a passion for ensuring quality in complex systems. This role will work globally across the business and interact at all levels. Therefore, building strong and sustainable business relationships will be key to succeed.
Other tasks – but not limited to, are:
• Plan/Document standard Software installation and configurations of standard Software packages (e.g., linux server and database systems)
• Build/install telecom test system, configure switches, router, cable racks, etc.
• Maintain hardware and software inventories accurately and create processes for better overview and procedures to maintain/upgrade the systems.
• Collaborate with engineering and sourcing to maintain bills of materials.
• Troubleshoot failing systems in cooperation with development/DevOps teams.
Should ideally be:
• Background as a hardware/software technician or test engineer.
• Experience with administering, planning, installing, and configuring servers (e.g., Linux) / hardware, building up bills of materials, and database systems; Oracle/PostgreSQL.
• Experience in configuration of switches, ethernet routers, e.g., Juniper.
• Knowledge/understanding of virtualization or container technology, e.g., Docker.
• Experience in documenting test system rack’s capability and hardware / software configuration.
You must be fluent in english and a natural communicator.
Our client is a large international company with more than 500 employees worldwide, working in the field of engineering, communication and remote connectivity.
You will be a part of the System DevOps Department.
Please apply as soon as possible. The position will be closed when we have the right candidate.
Project Period Start:
Project Period End:
Responsible Department: Herlev